Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Martha Stewart Punch

Happy Wednesday everyone - it's the middle of the week already - time seems to go by so fast! Today I'm posting two cards made with pretty much the same 'ingredients'. I'm making up christmas cards to supply to local stores so I thought I'd make 2 of each card as I go, each going to a separate location. Although the elements are the same they are still slightly different, thereby ensuring each card I make is unique! I found this adorable scrapbooking paper in A Buck or Two - I love the colour tones of the burgundy red and soft green (a nice alternative to the traditional christmas red & green). I bought the Martha Stewart branch punch yesterday at Wal-Mart and can't tell you enough how much I LOVE it! It is so versatile and I love the delicate touch it adds to the card.
The top panel of the card is cuttlebug embossed with the hanging decorations folder. I sewed around the edge of the card to add some simple detail. The top card uses white grosgrain ribbon and the tree (Sunshine Designs by The Stamp Barn) is punched out and popped up on dimensionals. I used a nestability ribbon tag die and stamped the greeting (The Stamp Barn) on using the Bordeaux Hybrid Palette ink pad. On the bottom card I used a strip of cream velvet ribbon and popped up the tree circle on dimensionals. I added the branches around the circle. Diamond stickles finishes off the christmas tree with a bit of sparkle!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by - your visits are always so much appreciated!
Danielle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin