Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friday Sketchers Challenge


Hi there!
Gosh, it seems I haven't posted all week - my apologies! I feel like my mojo went walkabout and didn't quite know how to make it home, lol!!! I was also busy putting some 'finishing touches' to cards I'd already made to give to a store that sells them - they had an artists open house last night so wanted to make sure I had some stock in!!
Well, I'm here with a card for the Friday Sketchers challenge posted over on their blog. What a fun layout Jacqueline did to work with this week. I thought I'd make this card for my niece's birthday that's coming up, hence the cute ballet Tilda.
I am going to have to apologise (again), hee hee, as the image is not coloured to my normal 'standard'. Why? I hear you ask. Because I've bought copic markers and I've finally gotten a chance to buy some Memento ink which is the only ink that works with them. So last night I was playing around and colouring this image. Please be gentle on my first copics attempt, lol!!!! I didn't want to throw the image away (I hate waste) and that is why I thought it would be perfect for my niece's birthday card. There are a few colour blotches that I'm not happy with but overall, for my first attempt, I'm fairly proud of myself! :)
Here is a close-up of Tilda although I'm not so sure I should show a closer view of my blemishes, hee hee!! Claudia has fabulous copic tutorials over on her blog, although she does state clearly that she is not a qualified copics instructor.



The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory - I used my new hearts cuttlebug embossing folder behind Tilda and added a metal charm 'Make a Wish" with a ribbon for my sentiment. Four pearl brads and a touch of pink and green ribbon finish the card off.
Below is also a pic of how I finished off the inside of the card. It's very simple but I incorporated the same dp from the main front panel and carried it through to the inside. I stamped the image in Memento Dark Cocoa - I'm loving the brown - it's not so harsh as black!

That's all for today! Hope you have a fabulous weekend and get some inking time! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit today and if you post a comment, huge thanks!! :)

Hugs,

Danielle x

14 comments:

UKMUMINUS said...

Beatiful card and your colouring is beautiful. Looks like I am the 1st to comment so does this mean I have won something home made too!!!! I never win anything so this is fab :-)

UKMUMINUS said...

silly me I posted to the wrong post LOL

LINDA said...

OH Danielle this is Fabulous!! I think the coloring looks Great..You did a wonderful job..Has your package got there yet, Im getting worried.
Hugs Linda

KanataNewf said...

I think your colouring looks just great!

Brocéliane said...

your card is so cute :)

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous card Danielle and thanks so much for visiting my blog :)
Marlene x

stampinfrog said...

Sooooo CUTE Danielle! Your coloring is perfect!TFS

Curt in Carmel said...

What a gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful! Your layout is just perfect too! Great job! Best, Curt

Rachel said...

This is so cute! you did a fabulous coloring job!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

What a super card for your niece..love this pretty Tilda.
Hope you have fun with your new copics...they're very addictive!
Hugs
Carole x

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card so cute and fabulous ,hugs Dawnxx

cats whiskers said...

She is just perfect lovely colouring dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Shirley said...

She is just too cute and pretty for words! The whole card is so wonderful!

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Love to see what you created with my sketch. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love,
jacqueline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin