Saturday, December 3, 2011

Photo Inspiration at PaperWorksCo!


Hi there!

Sorry for the delay in posting up my PaperWorksCo Friday Recipe ... yesterday was a busy day and after a week of dealing with back pain, Friday just couldn't come quick enough!

Anyways, it is a pretty simple card but my idea behind the colouring in warm greys is that the little girl is putting up her christmas stockings in a darkened room, just before Santa arrives.  I really do like the finished look and to be honest, it looks much nicer in real life too!  The background is velvet paper which I ran through a holly cuttlebug embossing folder.  It is very lush and elegant!

If you pop on over to the PaperWorksCo blog you'll find the inspirational photo for this weeks challenge. Now we take a blog break from December 15th so the challenges going on right now are purely for inspiration only and hopefully a help to you in getting some of those christmas cards finished and mailed off!

Have a great weekend everyone!  I plan on doing some Christmas baking with my brand new KitchenAid ... wooohoo ... I don't think I've ever been excited about baking before!!  :)

Hugs,
Danielle x

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love the effect you created with the greys .. a pretty little image
Lisa x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Danielle!! Love the grey with just a pop of color on the stockings.
hugs,
Chris

Lorraine said...

wow do the stockings pop great card, hope your back is a little better, your Mum has been telling me about it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin