Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Sketchers - My Guy

Hi everyone!
Woohoo - it's Friday and I can't be more thankful it's the weekend! I love the sketch over on Friday Sketchers today which is hosted by the lovely Carole. I've had new rubbah arrive in the mail this week and one of the things was this fabulous 'My Guy' set from The Greeting Farm. I adore these images - just perfect for the older/teenage boy.
I went with a colour combo of brown & blue for this card. I coloured using my copics and I paper pieced his shirt (paper is Chatterbox). I made the tag from a piece of kraft cardstock, spritzed it with water on the back and crumpled it up. I then used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to add some interest and used my distressing tool around the edges. The arrows are a Cuttlebug die cut which I distressed with Faded Jeans and sanded with my Tim Holtz sandblock. The sentiment comes with the image set.
Thanks for your visit today, you are always so welcome and I love to see you here! Hope you have a fabulous Friday and start to the weekend!
Hugs,
Danielle x

18 comments:

Rachel said...

This is such a FANTASTIC card!!
hugs,
Rachel

dolcreations said...

Danielle I really like this masculine card! I love all the work you have put into it..the crumbled up paper is such a great idea! I am loving the colours that you used! That plaid shirt is so cute! Great job Danielle!
I am glad that it is the weekend too! I think we may have our Indian Summer coming! All I can say is..bring it on!
Christine

Steph said...

This is a cute yet masculine card. I have a hard time making cards for guys. I love what you did with the tag and the colors are perfect. Great card :)

Mina said...

wow what a great 'man' card...love how you used the brown paper
Mina xxx

Audrey said...

great card! i love the image

stampinfrog said...

Masculine cards is so HARD for to make! This one is fantastic! Love the Mr. Guy image and the paper pieced shirt!LOVE IT!!!
Hugs,Connie

LINDA said...

As always another FANTASTIC card..Great Job!!
Hugs, Linda

Rufus said...

GREAT masculine card! They are always so darn tricky.
R/

KanataNewf said...

Fabulous card, Danielle! Don't you just love the My Guy Ian stamps?

Ben said...

Wow! A really fantastic card Danielle and I love the colour combo that you've used

Ben

cats whiskers said...

Oh I just love this card Danielle, fabulous colours and great image
Hugs Jacqui

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi danielle,
THis is a great card. I love the colours and isn't that young lad so with it?
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

Brilliant,i love the colours and your fab tag!!!
Hugs xx

Tanya said...

Great card Danielle. I love all the details.

Lmac said...

Beautiful card!! I need to make more cards with boys on them!

http://lmac-emac.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-challenge.html

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is great. Love the no frills of it. It is so hard to add embellishments on boy cards but you have done a fantastic job to make it look fantastic.
mwah
Trace

Bev said...

Oh this is brilliant sweetie, the perfect card for a fella. Love the distressed tag x

Tracey said...

This is such a cool card Danielle :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin