Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first DT card for Winter Wonderland Challenge - A sketch

Hello and Welcome!
I hope your Sunday is going well and that you're doing what you love, whatever that may be! Today is my first posting as an official DT member for the Winter Wonderland challenge blog! This week, Pascale has challenged us with a sketch so be sure to pop on over and join in with the fun!
I came across Karen's Doodles this week - wow - what an amazingly talented artist/illustrator! Be sure to check out her blog - her images are gorgeous! She has a 400 follower freebie giveaway going on too so you get to choose any free image from her collection. I chose this one - isn't she just a darling little angel? I coloured her with my copics and used the gorgeous Magnolia paper from the christmas collection as my background. I pulled colours from there to work with on the image. The strip of music paper is also Magnolia. The sweet hydrangea flowers are from stash as is the lace and corner embellishment. The sentiment is from my stash (sorry, can't remember the company). I tweaked the sketch very slightly to make it work on my card (hope that's ok!!).
So, there you have it. Thanks a bunch for popping over today and be sure to check out the rest of the fabulous DT's creations - they're all so inspiring! I appreciate your visit and any comments that you may leave! Enjoy the rest of your day ....
Hugs,
Danielle x

23 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW,this is so sweet Danielle,so much gorgeous detail and your colouring is perfect!!! I agree Karen's images are amazing and so detailed!!
Hugs xx

Lorraine said...

I love the image and the way you have done it Danielle beautiful card. Just going to catch my plane to Guernsey. Hugs xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Danielle this is so gorgeous I adore the image you have used and what beautiful soft colours. I love your take on the sketch. Hugs Pascale

Teri said...

It's gorgeous Danielle! Such a sweet, girly card ... I love it :o) xxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi danielle,
I saw this on the challenge blog and it does not look out of place. A great DT card - one to be proud of. Beautiful image and colouring.
Hugs,
Fiona x

cats whiskers said...

Such a lovely card dear, fabulous colours and lovely image
Hugs Jacqui x

Lynda said...

An absolutely adorable card Danielle - love that image!

Love Lynda xxx

craftieodmae said...

Congrats there GF! You card is amazing! I'll see you over there, I love thier challenges!

Sharon said...

This is really beautiful Danielle. You've coloured the gorgeous image perfectly and I love the Magnolia papers you've used. I ordered some this week and I LOVE them, the texture is fabulous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is just precious! I've never played that challenge, but will be over tho check it out for sure! Have a great weekend!

dolcreations said...

This is such a sweet card. You picked the perfect sentiment that is for sure! Love that adorable image and they way you have layed out your card....WOW! You always do such beautiful work! Love the paper and those flowers are perfect!

dolcreations said...

Danielle...I forget to mention to you that I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK!

Joey said...

Love your new background hun!, gorgeous card Karens images are stunning, love the lace ribbon. Joey.x

KanataNewf said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Danielle. Love all the details.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Danielle
beautiful image you have coloured it beautifully, great sentiment, lovely lace, great work hun, sue.x

stampinfrog said...

Congrats on your first DT card for the Winter Wonderland challenges! It is GORGEOUS!!! Love this angel and you have colored it to perfection. Fabulous papers and details!
Hugs,Connie

Tanya said...

This is wonderful Danielle. Such a beautiful image. Congrats on your DT win.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Doodle Queen said...

Danielle: Oooh, you made my drawing of the "God's Little Angel" look beautiful! I love the coloring and the papers are gorgeous. Yes, you can tweak the image, re size, flip it and because my images come with a transparent background, you can even combine it with other images. That's the beauty of digi's :-)
Hugs, Karen (Karen's Doodles)

Unknown said...

Welcome Danielle, isn't it the most fun place to be, I love your card, are'nt sketches great for the MOJO, mines seems to be lost at the minute....been raking around the boxes in the shed, but it is not there....LOL...love the image you have used...I am getting into these digital images big time, just have to find the right card for printing...LOL...Hugs Avril xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous sweet card, fab image and beautiful details.
luv
Debby

Pattie G said...

Danielle, congrats on becoming a DT for Winter Wonderland! I love this card and the image is so adorable! I am now a DT for Michelle Perkett's Studio Challenge at http://michelleperkettstudio.blogspot.com/

hugs
Pattie

Nina said...

oh just beautiful.... I love her images as well... cute stuff!! just a beautiful card and you showcased her image so wonderfully!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin