Friday, July 29, 2011

Winter Wonderland - An Angel/Fairy for Christmas


Hello friends!

Thanks for stopping in today to see my Winter Wonderland DT card.  This week we have the theme 'Angel or Fairy' on your Christmas card.  There are so many gorgeous images out there that you can use for this theme.

I used this adorable LOTV image and have coloured it up with copics.  Now I have used non-traditional colours and papers on this card but I think it works beautifully!  I love the blue/gold combo - very regal!  The sentiment is also from LOTV and is part of their Christmas Circular sentiments set .. love all of these and such great value for money!

The papers are Stella & Rose 'Hattie' Collection.  Not normally a colour combo I use but I have to say I'm loving these tones of yellow and with the pretty blue they work so well together.  The punch is a EK Success 'Parisian' (I think).  The ribbon, twine and pearls are from my stash.

I hope you like my card and are able to leave a comment.  Don't forget to pop on over to Winter Wonderland and check out all the other gorgeous DT creations and join in with the fun ... there's always a fabulous prize up for grabs!

As this post goes live I will be getting on a jet plane with my family and heading out to Alberta for a 2+ week vacation to see the gorgeous Rockies - absolutely can't wait!

Please come back later for my second posting which will be my PaperWorksCo DT card ... another fun Friday Recipe Challenge card.

Hugs,
Danielle x

8 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Danielle I totally agree with you the colour combination works brilliantly. I have this stamp also it is so cute but it does take quite awhile to colour in doesn't it? love Linda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have tis image, must use it again as it is so cute and I love your colour combo. Marianne x

KanataNewf said...

An absolutely lovely card, Danielle. And those papers are just perfect. Have a great holiday!

Unknown said...

This is utterly gorgeous! what a fab cute image and perfect for this weeks challenge - Thanks for being an awesome team mate and hope you have a wonderful holiday x Janet

downrightcrafty said...

adorable image, beautifully coloured and fabulous papers but have to say that the sentiment is a really eye catcher
Hugs Kate xx

MagsB said...

Those colours are lovely (I especially like the bow!) I love those LotV Nativity images, and you've coloured this one beautifully! Have a fabulous vacation!

luv, Mags x

Rufus said...

What a totally sweet card. Love the color combo. Have a fun time on your 2 weeks Mountain vacation. Take lots of pictures!
R/

dolcreations said...

This is gorgeous Danielle. I totally love that colour combination. Those LOTV images are wonderful and you coloured it beautifully! Love that colour of ribbon you used.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin