Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easter Egg Holder



Hello!

I saw this fabulous Easter Egg Holder tutorial over on the Whiff of Joy blog and was so inspired by it that I just had to make one of my own!  I had this adorable Tilda as chick image already coloured up so I went with the sweet colour hues of yellow and purple ... yellow is showing it's face again!!  I decorated up the front using flowers from stash, a green grass border with my MS grass punch and some raffia.


Here's a view showing you just how the holder works.  I will replace this plastic egg with a Kinder Surprise egg - it's the exact same fit.  Papers are from stash and I used the nestabilities circles to adhere to the openings.  The raffia is tied around the back so the back flap just lifts up when you want to take the egg out.


I just love this Easter project and will definitely be making some more in the coming week!  I hope it inspires you as much as it inspired me.  Give it a go - it really is super easy and quick to make!  The tutorial can be found here.  

Right, well I'm off to make pancakes for breakfast as one of my boys had a friend for a sleepover last night and they always request pancakes and lots of yumminess for breakfast!!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  It's a little dull here today so it's perfect to hang out in my craft room for a bit later!  Take care and thanks for stopping in for a visit - I always love seeing you here!

Hugs,
Danielle x

6 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Danielle. Your creation is gorgeous, I love it! Hugs, Miria xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this so cute .. what a fab idea
Lisa x

Joey said...

Danielle this is so cute and such a sweet idea, love those colours. Joey x

debby4000 said...

Danielle this is so cute, love it.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

Great idea Danielle yours is very cute. Hugs xx

downrightcrafty said...

what a great idea and love the image so cute
Hugs Kate xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin