Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

It seems like a lifetime since I last posted on my blog but firstly I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and all the best in 2014!

As I reflect back on 2013 it was a year full of highs and lows but throughout everything I had the unwavering love & support of family and friends, and for that I hold immense gratitude in my heart.  Being able to stay positive and hold on to my optimistic attitude helped my family and I to pull through some very difficult moments.

So here we are, January 1st of a new year ... a year that promises to hold many new adventures, friendships and opportunities.  I stand with my arms and heart open wide ready to embrace everything that is to come my way.

I also start this new year NOT making any resolutions but rather making a promise to myself to take care of me, do things I love, be with the people I love to be with, be still and enjoy each and every moment of every day, take pleasure in the smallest of things and mostly to hold LOVE, GRATITUDE AND JOY in my heart.

So I can't promise to blog very often, but when I do it's because I'm inspired to share my love of creating!  In the last couple of months I picked up knitting needles and a crochet hook again and took so much pleasure from creating handmade Christmas gifts for my friends this year.  I realized how important it is to infuse everything I make with my love.  As much as time is precious, it is just as precious to take the time to make and create things with love.

You can probably all tell this past year has been a very spiritually enlightening one for me and as I walk more and more closer on the path that I'm meant to, consumerism, the need for 'more' in my craft room has fallen to the side.  I am so lucky to have what I have when it comes to my crafting goods and for that I'm truly grateful.  I promise to myself to create when I feel the need to create, not because I feel I SHOULD create.

With much love, gratitude and a creative heart,

Danielle x

2 comments:

Miria said...

So happy to hear from you, Danielle! I'm sending you best wishes for 2014
Hugs, Miria xxx

kanatanewf said...

Happy New Year to you as well, Danielle! So nice to see you getting back to posting your lovely creations again. all the best for the year ahead!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin