Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I'm back from Canada ... normal service to resume!!



Hi there!

My family and I went for a visit and wedding to Ottawa back in June.  We had a wonderful time, but with my eldest son returning to live there and finish off his final year of high school, we ended up having to stay on for an additional 3.5 weeks for him to complete a math course at summer school!  He successfully completed it and we are now back in Boston for the remainder of the summer!  He will return in a months time ... so lots of changes coming up for us as we stay in Boston and he embarks on a new life back in Ottawa.  I am very excited for him as this is something he desperately wants to do and hey, at some point one has to cut those apron strings!!  Lol!  I am extremely proud of him for taking such a huge step in his young life at 17!

Anyways, here is my card (sorry it's late) for the current Simply Create Too challenge "For a precious child".  I used a "new to me" stamp by Verve and created the moon using an embossed circle punched out.  The stars, paper, vellum, ribbon & sequins are all from my stash.


Here's the finished inside of the card too.  This was sent to a friend who recently had their first little baby boy.

I hope you get a chance to stop by and play in the latest challenge.  Thanks for stopping in today - your visits and comments are always greatly appreciated!  I have a lot of blog hopping and commenting to catch up on!  Have a wonderful day friends .... and happy crafting!  Until next time!

Hugs,
Danielle x

3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good to see you back, what a big step for your son, you will miss him. Gorgeous card, lovely textures x

Christine Dol said...

Hey Danielle....glad to see you are back and making cards. I love this card. The vellum is really nice with all the shapes showing thru. That is such a big step for your son and good for you for supporting him...tougher on us moms then them! LOL

kanatanewf said...

This is another beauty, Danielle! You have to love those Verve sentiments.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin