Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Back!!!

Hello there!
Finally, I am back in my craft room and creating, yay!! Although it did take me a few attempts to get my mojo flowing again after such a lengthy absence, lol!! All your get well wishes were so heartwarming and I am incredibly touched by your beautiful comments - I truly feel blessed to have you as my blogging friends! :-)
Well, this is my card for the Friday Sketchers challenge over on their blog. It was a very plain and simple sketch this week but I loved how versatile it allowed you to be! This sweet Tilda is one of my RAK images from my very giving friend, Linda. Thank you my friend, she was such a treat to colour in. Talking of treats, I have rewarded myself with some new copic colours and I am having so much fun teaching myself this colouring medium. They are seriously soooo addictive!
I'm posting two photos of my card - the top one is taken indoors and the light is really quite bad and the second one I dashed outside onto the deck (it was #*^% cold!!) and snapped this one. I didn't realise quite how significant the difference was in the colours! And it still doesn't really show how absolutely scrummy the paper is, lol! But hopefully this second card gives you a clearer idea of the true colours.
Onto the card details - my paper is from the new BG Porcelain pack - what paper candy that is! Talk about gorgeous. The rest is pretty straight forward - I used the wooden chair from Magnolia's Summer Chic collection which Tilda is sitting on. The sentiment stamp is a bargain $1.50 from Michaels and the flower is Prima with a gorgeous filigree brad I stumbled upon in one of my favourite craft stores!
Thanks for stopping by today and I thank you all for your patience!! :) I hope the wait was worth it! With my mojo back in full flow I hope I can get back down to my craft room again tonight!
And before I go, sweet Zee passed on this generous award to me! Thanks Zee - your blog makes me smile too! And I will now pass this on to others (in no particular order!!) - Lorraine, Cheryl, Katarina, Marcie, Sam, Debby, Jacqui, Shirley, Dawn and Sue. Thanks for all your inspirational work - I love visiting your blogs and viewing your creations!

Hugs,
Danielle x

6 comments:

LINDA said...

OH Danielle, Its so good to see you up crafting again..Ive missed your creations!! This is Beautiful!! Congrats on the award!!
Hugs, Linda

Shirl said...

Hi Danielle

Great to see you fantastic work again and thanks so much for sharing your award around... you have made my day!! Congrats on getting the award too... I always have a smile on my face when you are around! xo S

stampinfrog said...

Welcome back! I am so glad you are feeling better. Your card is Beautiful. Love the DP and your coloring is Fantastic with your new copics!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog Daniella, and for your sweet words.... your cards are beautiful too... I will follow your blog ...HUGS...SK :)

Rachel said...

This is sooo cute Danielle!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty...what a sweet Tilda, beautiful colouring and such pretty paper.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin