Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Red Poppies - Recessed Window Card

Hello friends!
I saw this fab recessed window card tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers and had to give it a go! It is really straight forward to follow and the finished result is fabulous. I decided to use up some of the scraps of paper I had left over from from photo album project hence the same colours! The tutorial can be found here.
The silhouette poppy stamp is from The Stamp Barn which I inked up in Memories Red Barn ink. The embellishments are really simple - the SU! scalloped edge punch, adhesive pearls and a Just Rite circle sentiment punched out with the SU! flower punch.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I love to know you have visited and then I'm able to return the favour!
Have a great evening everyone!
Hugs,
Danielle x

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Danielle,love that image and it looks fabulous on this card....will have to try one of these cards when i get a chance!!!
Hugs xx

Tara said...

Simple, sophisticated and stunning Danielle - I love it!
Hugs Tara xx

Clare (Littlebear) said...

You've done a wonderful job making this recessed window card - it is gorgeous.
Clare x

Francesca said...

simple and elegant , must try the tutorial when I can

Hugs
Francesca

Lorraine said...

Must have a go at this one Danielle.
I need to play more with the Copics to get the blending right it is time I need.

cats whiskers said...

Stunning dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Danielle. Hugs Michele x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Danielle,
Beautiful. The window design is so effective. I love the colours. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

dolcreations said...

I love this window box card. Very nice! I love the colour red that you used...Very, very nice!
Christine

LINDA said...

This window box is just awesome.. Very stunning..
Hugs, Linda

Jacilynn said...

What a great card! I especially love the window! Super cute!
x

Stephanie said...

What a stunning design hun :)
Hugs x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the recess its like a window and what a fab image too.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,i love the colours and papers,

Hugs Riet.x

Rachel said...

This is gorgeous Danielle, love that recessed window technique. you did a great job with it. Love all that red soooo beautiful!
hugs,
Rachel

Carole said...

Stunning card, love the window effect.
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin