Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Edwin card for 3 challenges!

Hi!
I hope you're all well - the sun is shining here so my world is a very happy one today! I have an Edwin card to show you and I don't know why it took me so long to ink up this gorgeous lad from my winter kit!
I am able to submit this card into 3 challenges - the sketch layout is this weeks challenge over at Sketch Saturday. A Spoonfull of Sugar has the theme 'recycling' and I recycled the brown grosgrain ribbon from the packaging of some Prima Flowers. And lastly, Magnolia Down Under has a recipe to follow of '3 papers, 3 flowers, 2 buttons & 1 bow'.
I coloured Edwin and the stone steps with my copics. The papers are from GCD 'Whoop de Doo' line. I paper pierced around the half-circle, added 3 small flowers with 3 buttons on the top and finished off with some chocolate brown adhesive pearls. The white grosgrain ribbon is from stash.
I really hope you like the card and thank you for coming by for a visit. I love to read your comments so please do leave me one and let me know you've been!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs,
Danielle x

18 comments:

dolcreations said...

My poor ol Edwins never seem to get inked up...so this is really nice to see a card using Edwin! I am really liking the rusty colour and the pale blue papers! Great job on this one Danielle!
The sun is gorgeous here too!!LOVE IT!

stampinfrog said...

Oh Danielle I really love this paper and color combo and the sweet Edwin is colored beautifully!
Hugs,Connie

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi danielle,
I love your papers and embellies. I love how you have seated Edwin. Poor lad really plays second fiddle to Tilda doesn't he.
Hugs,
Fiona x

KanataNewf said...

Ah your Edwin is just adorable. Coloured fabulous and the papers look terrific with him.

Unknown said...

ooooh this card is absoloutly GORGEOUS i love this image and the DP is beautiful the colours match so well

Dianne said...

I love the way you colored Edwin and the colors on your card. It is nice to see a male card once in awhile. Beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Oh Edwin is so cute,love your papers and your colouring is perfect!!!
Hugs xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Edwin is looking sooooo adorable sitting in that stoop - I just wonder what - or whom - he's waiting for!
Thanx soooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

craftieodmae said...

Left you sonmething on my blog

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, sweet Edwin and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so adorable Danielle!! Edwin is colored beautifully and the colors are fab!!
hugs,
Chris

cats whiskers said...

This is just beautiful dear
Hugs Jacqui

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous Danielle! The image is adorable, your colouring perfect and I love this brown and blue combo! Hugs, Delphine xx PS: thank you so much for your comments...

Jodie from Oz said...

Danielle, Gorgeous card, I love the sweet scene, a penny for his thoughts. Edwin is coloured so beautifully. A fabulous take our recipe challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope you will join us in our Birthday Celebrations this Sunday. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Rachel said...

WOW!! fabulous card Danielle! i love what you did with this sketch. Stunning as always.
hugs,
Rachel

Curt in Indy said...

I have always admired how well you coordinate colors and patterns. This is really beautiful with the colors you used. Best, Curt

Gry-Beate said...

What a beautiful card you made!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Tracey Feeger said...

Danielle this is gorgeous. Love the steps and the image is perfectly coloured as always. Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin