Monday, March 15, 2010

Magical Monday - Bunny Cupcake!

Welcome to another Magical Monday with Paper Cupcake images. This week Nina has this super cute 'Bunny Cupcake' image as the freebie to play with over at TMITA/PCC. Our DT sistah, Kim, is hosting this weeks challenge:-

Make any "non-traditional" style card (e.g., free standing pop up, joy fold, tri-shutter, etc)
Splitcoast Stampers is a good place to see different styles
This week over on Friday Sketchers they have a gorgeous sketch and I was inspired by the fabulous Claudia to use a gate-fold card as it fitted the sketch perfectly! So I will also enter this card into their challenge this week too!
I decided to go with spring colours as bunnies always remind me of Spring/Easter. I coloured the bunny with my copics, cut it out and added whatever they are called for the whiskers (I have no idea what one would call these!!). If you happen to know, please feel free to add it to your comment, LOL! Papers are from GCD Designs 'No Worries' collection. I mounted the image on a nesties label. I sewed around the edges and sewed in the lace at the same time. Flowers are made using the retro flower punch (medium & small sizes) with an adhesvie pearl in the middle. Lastly, a pink silk bow made with my bow-easy adds a touch of elegance to the bunny!
Here's how I finished off the inside. I pulled out my MS bunny border punch - isn't it cute!!


I hope you're able to join in with this weeks challenge over at TMITA/PCC. This image is so versatile - great for Easter, birthday and Spring cards! Thanks for visiting today and as always, comments are so very much appreciated and cherished!

Wishing you all a wonderful week! My boys are on March Break so I don't know how much blogging/crafting I'll get done. If I get into my craft room then I'll consider myself lucky!!

Hugs,

Danielle x

21 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow this is so cute, an love the colours an DP.
hugs
Sue x

Francesca said...

Just love this super cute card and all the details are wonderful

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Danielle, The Bunny Cupcake image is so sweet and I love the yummy choc & pink colour combo. Gorgeous detailing inside the card too!
Have a good week!
Hugs
Debbie x

Cheryl said...

So cute,love the little bunny and gorgeous colours!!! Beautiful!!
Hugs xx

craftieodmae said...

Another gorgeous card, love the added lace!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Danielle,
A wow of a card. I love the image - never seen it before and the paper is gorgeous. The lace ribbon is fantastic.
Hugs,
Fiona x

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh is this not the cutest! Love the dp,flowers,lace and really love the whiskers! You rock GF!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card Danielle.
luv
Debby

A Consuming Passion said...

Super Card Danielle - I love the shape and the way you completed the inside too!

dolcreations said...

This is FABULOUS! I love this style of card! I love those little whiskers.... and the bow at the bottom is just so sweet. The lace is perfect with that paper. I am definetly going to have to invest in some lace!!! Finishing the inside is so nice...that border punch is so perfect!!! Love the stitching to complete your perfect card! Happy March Break!!!!

Lauretta's Digital stamps said...

this is so very cute ;)) love it

Hugs x

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic gatefold card Danielle!Love the papers and the image is so cute and beautifully colored!
Have fun with your boys this week!!!
Hugs,Connie

Lorraine said...

Super cute bunny Danielle. love the whiskers and the lace. Hugs xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Danielle, so cute
hugs Mandy xx

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, love the front with the lace and the doors! Inspiring! Hugs Nilla

Kim Mc said...

absolutely yummy, Danielle! LOVE that pink bunny!! I think those white things are used for handmade flower stamens (I wasn't sure so looked it up on the web...here's a site that sells them). Anyway, totally works as bunny whiskers! The colors of your creation are FAB and LOVE, LOVE that you finished the inside too! Thanks for the inspiration (gotta go find some of those stamen thingys too!)

Aloha, Kim

Anonymous said...

Fabulous gatefold card Danielle. The image really made me smile!
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers.
Hugs
Carole x

Anne said...

What a gorgeous creation Danielle! And the image is so cool, great work!

PS I have a little candy on my blog, and more to come the next weeks =)

Have a nice day!

Hugs, Anne

Selma said...

Really cute Danielle. I like this type of card. Your bunny is so cute with those special whiskers!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Danielle, love the colours you have used and the super pink bow.

Pat xx

Nina said...

Danielle, this card turned out super cute! I too love the whiskers! Everything about this card is cute!! and that pp is just beautiful! just so lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin