Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Friendship Flower - Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge Card #2

Hello!
I so enjoyed doing the Viva La Verve sketch challenge that I decided to another card! It is such a fun and versatile sketch to use on your card and I decided to try a more classic and polished look. Using black cardstock as a base colour I find adds a very classic touch to any card and I hope I have managed to achieve that look here. Each panel uses the same materials of black, SU! Sky Blue and the designer paper (from a Costco value pack). The card base in SU! Blue Bayou.
I added the black organza ribbon on the top panel and tied a knot. The flower stamp is SU! inked in Memories Black ink on Blue Bayou and cut out on a classic nesties circle. I used a scalloped circle to matt the back. The sentiment is SU! and the final touch, which was the 'twist' in the challenge, I added two metal circle brads.
It is a very simple card but I like all the layers to each panel and the sentiment certainly makes this card usable for any occasion. It will be put in my 'for sale' stock to go to the local store St Elmo's Fire here in Stittsville.
I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful day and thanks for swinging by today!
Hugs
Danielle x

1 comment:

LINDA said...

This is very Pretty !! And an awesome layout..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin