Friday, January 2, 2009

From Me to You - Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge

This is my first card of 2009! I wanted to get away from all the christmas colours and feel some spring warmth so I created this fresh card using a pink and green colour combo. This sketch challenge (VLVJAN01) comes from Verve Stamps and the thread in SCS can be found here. I haven't taken part in too many challenges recently but I have to say, following the sketch challenges are such an awesome way of continually improving your layouts, expanding your card designs and trying something new that is perhaps out of your comfort zone.
On this card I used SU! designer paper adhered to pink Bazzill cardstock. The base panel of white cardstock I ran through the Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder. The flower image was inked in pink Memories Chalk ink and layered on to a nestabilities circle. I used dimensionals to add depth to the card. The brads were my use of hardware on the card (an added 'twist' to the sketch challenge) and I looped a couple of loops of pink grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is from The Stamp Barn. The sentiment leaves the card open to be used for any occasion which is always a good thing to have to hand!
I might just keep playing at this sketch I like it so much! I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful start to the new year.
Hugs,
Danielle x

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the challenge, I always forget to look on Splitcoast stampers I must remember to do this. I too like doing them. Your card is gorgeous.

LINDA said...

Fantastic card..Nice sketch, I like how you used the ribbon..Lovely..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin