Saturday, January 10, 2009

Love Cocktail - Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge Week #2

Hello there! Hope you're all enjoying a wonderful weekend. This is my card for the Viva La Verve Week#2 sketch challenge. It was a fun layout to do and the added 'twist' was BLING! and lots of it. This sketch also took me away from the square cards I've been very stuck on lately and onto a tall and skinny one - a change is always so good! I've used two stamps here which I inked up for the first time. The hearts is a set from Sunshine Designs (by The Stamp Barn) and the luuuurve cocktail is again from TSB. This card is perfect for the girl who loves her cocktails, and let's face it, who doesn't love cocktails!!
I wanted to create a retro feel to this card and I think I achieved that. Classic colours of black, white and red with the splash of polka dots is the perfect recipe for retro! I used my twinkling H20's to colour in the heart and 'juice'. Red chalk ink was used for the hearts in the background. I added detail to the corners of the front panel using my paper piercing tool and of course adding bling was the best part! I used my clear sakura gel pen and stickles to add a little extra sparkle on the glass too. The red polka dot ribbon I just found at my craft store in town and just love it! The black and white dp is from a Costco value stash I bought ages ago.
So there it is. Hope you like it and I have to say I'm just happy to be keeping up with some challenges recently! My year is getting off to a good start, lol!
Take care and hope to see you back here soon.
Hugs
Danielle x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, how fun is this?!?
This card is really different to the usual Valentine cards you'd see. Thanks for sharing this beauty!!

LINDA said...

What an awesome card!! I love that image..To cute!!

Shirley said...

How lovely and elegant too! I really like the card fold, the colors and the design!! I have an award for you waiting on my blog. I think your is just terrific and your creativity is marvelous!

Lorraine said...

I love the colours and design of this card. Brilliant.

Rachel said...

love this card! I sooo need a cocktail haha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin