Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Yours!

Hi there!
My new Alota stamps arrived in the mail this week and I've been so excited to ink up this couch! Aren't Tilda & Edwin just the cutest sitting there having a little smooch! *giggle* They are from the New Year's Collection and come with the mistletoe but I thought they'd work perfectly for a Valentine's card. And the sentiment from The Stamp Barn is just made for this card!
The images are coloured with my tombow markers and highlighted with clear sakura pens to add hints of sparkle. The dp is from a double-sided collection but can't honestly remember the brand. I used the MS Paper Doily punch for the bottom panel of the card - I tried to mimic the couch sitting on a rug here and I think I accomplished that. A strip of green velvet ribbon adds some beautiful texture to the card and brings out the green of Tilda's socks. The sentiment is stamped on a nestabilities circle and adhered behind the couch. I took two tones of green Prima flowers to add the final touch to the card. I used the same paper on the inside of the card to complement the main image. The heart is from Sunshine Designs. I have envisioned this card since I found the couch on the Alota Stamps webshop and it's great to finally see it put together.
A little tidbit of news. I've been asked to teach some card-making classes at a store here in Stittsville that sells my cards. I'm so thrilled to be given another teaching opportunity and can't wait to start. It's always such a pleasure to be able to share my craft and help others on their own creative path.
Thanks for coming by today - I love all your visits and comments!
Hugs
Danielle x

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

This card is just too lovely Danielle.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, your colouring is perfect...gorgeous scene!
Thanks for your comment...you have a great blog too.
Carole :-)

Anonymous said...

How sweet valentine card with beautiful wording... Love this!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin