Monday, June 8, 2009

My last Tilda card for my Magnolia Class

Hi everyone!
Kinda glad it's Monday and the boys are back at school - it was a busy weekend and without hubby here I just didn't get a break to stamp at all :(  Ah well, this afternoon hopefully when my little guy is at Nursery School.
I completed the trio of Tilda cards though for my Magnolia class at Heather's and this is the final one. I used giggling Tilda sitting on the cupcake.  I coloured the images with Distressing Inks and Tombow markers on watercolour paper.  The cupcake frosting is 'glazed' with glossy accents although you can't see too much of it!  I paper pleated the middle panel to add some technique into the card.  The back stamp is a solid from one of the sets from The Stamp Barn. It makes a nice change to use some stamps and create my own backgrounds rather than relying on the beautiful papers all the time!
The clear organza ribbon down the middle panel and gem stones in each corner give the finishing touches to the card.  As you know I don't often use yellow, I tend to shy away from it as it's not a favourite colour of mine.  So, I'm still sitting on the fence about this card but I think it's more to do with the yellow in it rather than anything else, lol!!
Thanks for coming by and paying me a visit.  Hope you're enjoying your day whatever you're doing!
Hugs,

15 comments:

LINDA said...

What a beautiful card.. Love the little Tilda and cupcake image..I think the colors are wonderful ,So bright and cheerful..Very Lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

helen said...

danielle, this is lovely, i love the bright colours and the pleating is gorgeous.
hugs
helen x

dolcreations said...

This card is so nice Danielle. I love the colour yellow! I love how you did the ribbon. Did it come that way or did you lovingly make it like that? That would have been alot of work.
I love shy Tilda..I may have to add her to my growing collection!!
Thanks again for always inspiring me!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle! Love the card and thanks for the really nice comment you left. :) I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs
Andrea

Tab said...

Oh honey I love your sweet card, that Tilda is just the cutiest and I love colours you have used too!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

What a great card sweetie just adore that image and your great colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

dolcreations said...

Hi Danielle..I am so glad to hear you are doing the Winterwonderland
Cards! I think it will be fun!
Christine

Cheryl said...

Brilliant card!!! Love your colouring of Tilda and your paper folding! Your class will love what you have designed for them,Great work!
Hugs xx

KanataNewf said...

Just adorable. I can't wait to take the class!

UKMUMINUSA said...

Great card, love the way you did the ribbon, its such a bright, happy card, 1 week to go and my boys will be off school for far too long LOL. Sam xxx

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Danielle, the giggling Tilda image is lovely and I love the fabulous background you have created.
I love the yellow too...adds a touch of sunshine and cheerfulness to your card. Debbie x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

ooh.. i love this one.
the yellow... defentelty big inspiration for me.
love
claudia

Riet said...

What beautiful,L love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oooh hunny I love your card, such a sweet card and the colours are divine. Hugs Claudia xxx

Carole said...

What a darling card, love Tilda on her cupcake!
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin