Friday, April 2, 2010

A Basketful of Eggs!

Happy Good Friday to you all!
I hope you are all well and getting prepared for the Easter weekend ahead!  I have this card to show you today that I put together yesterday afternoon.  This sweet CC Designs image is one I received from Christine in a RAK.  I coloured her with my copics - I treated myself to 10 new colours yesterday too - Wallacks have a fabulous Spring sale on right now and copics are priced at an unbelievable $5.99!!!  I got some beautiful shades of blue and those are the colours I used to colour her dress in.
Papers are from a K&Co stack and the sketch is this weeks Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  I added a thin strip of blue velvet ribbon with some sheer polka dot ribbon over the top.  The bow was made with the bow-easy.  I added stickles to her eggs and a pale blue gem on the middle panel.  Cute Card Thursday's challenge is 'So Egg-citing' so I will enter this card in there too!
Thanks for your visit today - I always enjoy seeing you here!  I hope I get a chance to get my fingers inky although we are forecast stunning weather - up to 27oc so we have lots of outdoor activities planned for the weekend!  Maybe I'll actually be able to do the kids' easter egg hunt outside this year - that'll be a first!!!
Enjoy your day everyone!
Hugs,
Danielle x

21 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous Danielle.
I hope you get the sunny weather - it is pouring with rain here!
Happy Easter.
Clare x

Sharon said...

This is lovely Danielle, I love the swirly papers. Yummy ribbon too. Have a lovely Easter and send some of that sunshine our way please, its wet and miserable here!

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Danielle, I just love those papers and the ribbon is adorable. You are inspiring me to get my stash out (I forget what I have), love the new blue copic shades and she looks beautifully dressed in them
Hugs Kate xx

Cheryl said...

What a cutie,love the beautiful papers and such a pretty colour combo!!! Gorgeous as always!!
Hugs xx

dolcreations said...

ADORABLE..............This paper is so perfect with your new copic markers! Those colours are beautiful that you picked...what a fantastic price for the markers! Beautiful colouring! I love that paper with that ribbon....and that nestie template in the background is so nice! I too want to get outside to enjoy the sunshine! I remember hiding eggs on snow, or it would be raining and cold! Bring it on SPRING..actually summer!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi danielle,
I love the colour combo and papers. The ribbon suits so well. THe image is so sweet - shw looks ready for rolling her eggs. Delightful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww gorgeous card, great colour combo, fabby image, sue,x

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just adorable! Love that dp! Have a Happy Easter!

Stephanie said...

I think this card is gorgeous Danielle - I love the colours! Hope you're well & Happy Easter :) xxx

KanataNewf said...

This is such a sweet card - and I just can't believe this weather. I don't remember an Easter this warm! Have a fabulous egg hunt!

Delphine said...

Oh, this is lovely, Danielle! I love your image and your colouring! The paper and ribbon are gorgeous! Great layout too! Hugs Delphine xx

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Danielle. Love the sweet image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Liz Corrigan said...

Beautiful card Danielle. What lovely fresh spring colours you have used. Hope you have a good Easter Weekend. Rosie x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Danielle, such a cute image and I love the bright cheerful colours
hugs Mandy xx

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous card Danielle!! Hope you have a Very Happy Easter!!
hugs,
Rachel

Fern said...

Stunning card Danielle, the colours/papers are fabulous- i am in love!!! And the image is soooo cute too- you've coloured her perfectly :D

Fern xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet Easter card Danielle!! Love the image and the choice of colors and paper!! Have a blessed Easter!
~Chris

Nannieflash said...

Hi Danielle, love your image shes so cute with her basket of eggs, and your papers are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Bev said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card Danielle, I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details. The image is just so cute too x

Stempeltiger said...

Such a really beautiful card Danielle!
The image is so cute and the papers and colours are fab.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs from Germany
Swantje

Anonymous said...

Hello to human being on this large forum. Receive me start myself. I am connoisseur and i am competition this website :
fue yontemi
Waiting after all these friends.
King Regards

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin