Sunday, April 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland - A Christmas Bunny!


I would like to start by wishing you all a VERY HAPPY EASTER and many blessings to you all!  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful long weekend with your loved ones.
We have had a few more changes over at Winter Wonderland this past week so pop on over to the blog and read all the latest happenings!  Thank you to all of you who participated in last weeks challenge - it's always so fun to pop onto your blogs and admire your creations!
Well, we have a wonderful sketch for you to play with again with the added element of adding a bunny to your Christmas card!    Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's inspiring cards! Whimsy Stamps is also offering up a gift $15 certificate to this weeks winner - so what are you waiting for!!!
This was quite a challenge for me and in the end I went with this cute Magnolia stamp.  I don't know if you can fully 'get' the card but I was aiming for the dp to look like an opened box and for Tilda to be hugging her new bunny - her Christmas gift!  I hope my idea worked, lol!!! 
Tilda and bunny are coloured with copic markers and the dp is BG Wassail.  Sentiment is from The Stamp Barn and ribbon is from stash.  I also paper pierced the top two corners to add some detail.  I sewed around the main panel with my sewing machine.
I wanted to bring your attention to our DT member, Janet, is offering up some fab candy to celebrate her joining the Winter Wonderland DT.  It's a gorgeous set of stamps so be sure to pop over and join in - remember, you need to create a card for this weeks challenge to be able to participate!
I've also added this card to Charisma Cardz Challenge which is 'Animal Magic' this week.  Also, Crafty Creations Challenges  and Papertake Weekly are 'Anything Goes'.
I would also like to thank Fiona for passing on this beautiful award to me.  Translated it reads 'This blog is charming'.  I would like to pass this on to all my fellow Winter Wonderland DT sisters who inspire me daily with their creativity and dedication!


Thank you for your visit today and for taking the time to stop by.  I always love having you here and reading your comments.  They are always such a source of inspiration to me!  I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and enjoying fine weather wherever you are.  We have been expeiencing record-breaking temps for this time of year - it was 29oc yesterday!  Sitting in the back garden, beer in hand, kids playing, ribs on the BBQ - can't get better than that!!!
Hugs,
Danielle x

15 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Danielle
Thank you so much for the award, really appreciate it (first ever)love the interpretation of the theme, I just love the Magnolia range and adore those Basic Grey Wassail. "and I get it - and would be excited to get a bunny for Xmas"
Hugs Kate xx

dolcreations said...

Look at this super cute Tilda! How adorable is this card! I love that wonderful green bow placed at the top and the colours that you used for Tilda! Beautiful Danielle!
Congrats on your blog award! Have a wonderful day Daniellle!

KanataNewf said...

oh this is so cute. I think your ideas of Tilda receiving a bunny as a Christmas gift totally works. Hope you have a fabulous easter weekend.

Lorraine said...

Happy Easter Danielle although a sad time for us. Peter`s mum is just hanging in there should not be long now.
Love the card, Tilda and Bunny. Great use of colours. Hugs. xx

Mandy said...

Happy Easter Danielle, love your card, your colouring is beautiful and what a fab choice of image, great minds and all that lol.
Thank you so much for the lovely award
hugs Mandy xx

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Danielle, that image is so sweet!
Thanks so much for the lovely award, that is so kind of you.
Hugs Lynsey x

Anonymous said...

Have a very Happy Easter!! Your card is lovely and I think the coloring is spectacular!

Delphine said...

Yes, your idea worked, Danielle! Very clever! And your image is so sweet... I love your card! And congratulations on your well-deserved award... Hugs Delphine xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Danielle,
This is a beautiful card. I love your papers and the image is just too cute.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award hun - Just love your cute card too xx

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Danielle - that's the cutest image and make's a perfect Christmas Card!

Love Lynda xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thanks for the sweet award and your kind words. Your card is so sweet. Marianne x

Debbie said...

A wonderful card Danielle, I love how you have adpted this image to suit a Christmas card and your colouring of the image is fabulous.
Hugs
Debbie x

Bev said...

Hi sweetie, I love how you have used this image as a Christmas card - just fabulous! x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so cute and a great idea to use the bunny for Easter. Have a good evening

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin