Monday, April 12, 2010

A Spring Tilda!

Good Morning all!
Thanks for all your well wishes - I'm feeling much better and got a chance to craft yesterday after all!
I have this new sweet Spring Tilda to show you today.  I received this beautiful image from my sweet friend, Linda, thanks so much!!  She is coloured with my copics and trimmed out.  I made Tilda a red-head for the first time - do you like her with auburn hair?  I'm quite pleased with it!  The paper is from the gorgeous new BG Green At Heart pad and I followed the sketch over at Friday Sketchers this week.  The cherry blossom flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and edged with lots of lovely sparkly Stickles!  I punched out branches using the MS punch and machine stitched around the edges of the card and panels.  The ribbon is from stash and I added a sweet butterfly embellishment that I picked up in the Dollar Store - adds more of a 'spring' touch to the card don't you think?!  I used Flower Soft for the flowers in Tilda's basket.
I spritzed the card with Tattered Angels Pearl mist so apologies for how the camera has picked it up in the photo!  All the panels are distressed with my Tim Hotlz distressing tool.

I've managed to get this card into quite a few challenges:
Friday Sketchers - Sketch by Beatrix
Quixotic Challenges - Joys of Spring
Totally Papercrafts - Distressing
Stamp Something - Stitch Something
The Stamp Shoppe - Pastels/Spring
Just Magnolia - Punch it Out!
Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you all have a wonderful start to the week!  I appreciate all the comments you leave - they bring a ray of sunshine to my day!
Hugs,
Danielle x

27 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Danielle,

gorgeous card, love the stitching, Tilda looks right at home with this layout.

Joey.xxx

Mandy said...

Hi Danielle,
I love Tilda with the auburn hair..Fabulous layout...A beautiful card.. soo pleased you are feeling better..
Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Danielle, this is so cute.
luv
Debby

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Danielle,
This is beautiful. I love the paper and colours. The flowers are fabulous and the butterfly on the ribbon is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

dolcreations said...

This is one of my favourite Tildas! She is so adorable with her little basket! I really like her with the red hair! Beautiful flowers Danielle! I am so glad you were able to get into the craft room after feeling so yucky!

craftieodmae said...

this is so beautiful! Love your coloring and that butterfly!!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Danielle, wow stunning card, the papers are fabulous the image is so beautifully coloured and the flowers are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Tara said...

Such a pretty card Danielle and the colours are stunning!
Hugs Tara xx

LINDA said...

Simply gorgeous card.. I love tilda as a red head.. your coloring is fab. I also love the stitching and the flowers and butterfly.. Very lovely as always!!
Hugs, Linda

Jessie said...

She is beautiful Danielle! I love the flowersoft in the basket and her hair is gorgeous :)

Jacilynn said...

so cute! I love this image. I just colored her up yesterday and can't wait to make a card with her. ;) Gorgeous card. X

Cheryl said...

Hi Danielle,I am so sorry you have not been feeling well.But,I am so glad you are much better now.I just adore this sweet card,such a fabulous take on the sketch and I love the stitching!!!
Hugs xx

Lorraine said...

Love the red hair I always do red hair as my daughters have it. The colours are lovely together quite unusual. So pleased you are now much better take care Love and hugs xx

Sue said...

Hi Danielle
glad to hear you are feeling better hun, gorgeous card, luv your colouring, beautiful papers & layout,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Delphine said...

Fabulous card, Danielle! I love Tilda with auburn hair, and she is coloured beautifully! Your paper is gorgeous, so is the butterfly! I also love the stitching! Great card! Hugs Delphine xx

Heidi said...

Hi Danielle,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I do like the red hair for Tilda, I haven't really done it myself much but certainly a look I want to do more of. i think your card is beautiful and I like the butterfly too, it certainly says "spring" to me. Take care, and thanks for playing along this week.
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Danielle! Love the rich colours, just lovely!! :)

Dena said...

Danielle! This is such a beauty!!!! Gorgeous flowers and I love the image!!!!! That stitching adds just the right touch of perfection!
Hugs, Dena

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow Danielle this is gorgeous you have coloured Tilda beautifully, an the whole thing is just lovely!
hugs
Sue x

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Danielle, fabby colours.xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful! Love the cute image and those pretty papers. Thanks for "punchin' it out" with us at Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again next week! :)

Rachel said...

OMGoodness how beautiful is this card!! she is so precious!!
hugs,
Rachel

Mel X said...

Lovely card. Love your papers and stitching. Tilda looks so pretty.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

KanataNewf said...

definitely love your red-headed Tilda!

Anonymous said...

wauw your card is so beautiful. Your coloring is perfect.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Jane said...

Wow! this is gorgeous, the colours are so beautiful and I love all the details! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xx

SemSee said...

This is SO gorgeous! I love your embellies and that Tilda is the sweetest! Thanks for joining our Joys of Spring Challenge at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin