Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Joy!

Hello!
I'm still on my Magnolia drive and have had these couple of images coloured for a while and ready to use on a card. I love this image of giggling Tilda sitting on Santa's sack and the background paper was perfect to use with this.
The how-to of the card. I coloured Tilda using tombow markers and highlighted with the clear sakura gel pen to add some subtle sparkle. I adhered a strip of clear cream organza ribbon down the right hand side of the card and made a loop at the top to sit behind the JOY panel. I machine stitched a frame around the designer paper layer and the beige cardstock layer. I adhered silver brads in each corner of the card and finished off with two snowflakes punched from the MS punch on gold glittery cardstock. The Merry Christmas wish on the sack label is a tiny stamp from The Stamp Barn - so handy for little places like that!
I'm beginning to feel very attached to these Magnolia christmas cards I've made - I can't bear to part with them! I've put so much time and love into each one that for anyone who receives one must surely feel it! A new store in my town has just opened selling locally crafted goods and I'm so happy 'cos they took 14 of my christmas cards!!! Let's hope they all go to good homes :)
That's about all my blabbing for now. Have a great weekend, stay warm and healthy and happy stamping!
Hugs,
Danielle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin