Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas Wish!

Hi all!
Well, we're still battling with sickness in the house. My poor little guy can't keep anything down - it breaks my heart to see him so sick :( I hope he can get over this quickly and be healthy for christmas.
I had the sweetest surprise in my mailbox yesterday. My lovely friend and incredible cardmaker, Lorraine sent me some stamped images of Edwin on skiis and a cool rocker dude, together with a clear calendar stamp. Thanks Lorraine, you're such a sweetheart and it couldn't have arrived at a better time after having such a tough week health wise!
So today I have a card I made at the weekend. This is the Tilda image where she is holding a bell but I cut the bell out and placed this stampendous stamp image in her hand instead. I really like how this turned out. The dp is from the Basic Grey Wassail pack of papers which I love. Instead of machine sewing a border I did faux stitching instead on each of the four corners. I haven't used my oval nesties for a while so I got those out and used that as a background focal point for Tilda. The prima flowers are white which I touched up with my tombow markers then added stickles for some sparkle. I adhered a little pearl inside each one. This card sat on my desk for a couple of days as the top right hand corner looked empty but I couldn't figure out what would work best there. I was browsing through my stamps and found the little bird and thought that would be perfect - and it works beautifully (well, I think so, lol)! I coloured the bird in with tombow markers and highlighted areas with a sakura clear gel pen.
I hope you like what I did here and I'm just happy I finally figured out how to finish the card nicely, lol!
Hope you're having a great day.
Hugs, Danielle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin