Friday, December 26, 2008

Winter Wedding Card

Hi there! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas and have had time to relax and enjoy the holidays - maybe with time to ink up and create! Today's posting is a wedding card I've made for friends who are getting married in January. Unfortunately we can't make the wedding so I wanted to make a really special card for them to make up for not being there! The red and white comes from the colours of their wedding invitation so I thought this is probably their wedding party colours.
The white die cut flowers and metal embellishment "To Love and to Cherish" was part of the ribbon stash I received from Claudia - thanks so much Claudia - they were so perfect for this card! The designer paper is from Daisy D's which I ran through the sewing machine to create a frame. I stamped the hearts in versamark and embossed with platinum embossing powder. The stamp is from The Stamp Barn. I added a pearl to the center of each flower and a larger one either side of the heart on the ribbon. I thought a splash of brown ribbon would add some 'pop' to the card over the white organza ribbon. I like it - what do you think?
The inside of the card is way more than I normally do but I did want this to be an extra special card. I cuttlebug embossed the red panel with the d'vine swirls, added some white silk ribbon with red grosgrain over the top. The white card panel I edged with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment in black. The other inside panel I again edged with the Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and stamped the Love Is sentiment in black Memories. The heart stamp is a smaller version of the one I used on the main card. And there you have it! I am happy with the final result and I really hope my friends will like it and treasure their wedding day forever!
Enjoy the rest of your Boxing Day evening and I hope to be back again soon!
Hugs
Danielle x

5 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh wow.. you are right it is perfect for your card. I love the color and what a wonderful wedding card Danielle!
Thank you so much for sending me the link - i thought that was so sweet of you
hugs
Claudi

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful wedding card! They will love it!!!

LINDA said...

This is a wonderful wedding card..Im sure they will love it..

MaryR said...

what a beautiful card - i especially love the tiny pearl centers on the flowers - and the little bit of brown ribbon looks great on the bow

Lorraine said...

Great winter wedding card love the colours used.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin