Friday, September 2, 2011

Abracadabra ... it's your Birthday!


Hi there!

Well, today I have a card to show you which I made for my son's birthday which is today.  Jacob turns 6 and I just adore these LOTV boy images ... absolutely perfect for little boys birthdays!!

The image is coloured with copies and the papers are Echo Park 'Little Boy'.  I followed the sketch for this card over on Papertake Weekly this weekly.  I added the metal charm on the twine - it's hard to see but it says celebrate.  The metal star is from my stash and the little blue stars are a punch which I then covered in Stickles.  I wanted them placed over the wand so it looks like he's creating sparks with his magic spells!  LOL  The bottom red panel is embossed with a new embossing folder ... loving these big flat polka dots!!  I used a nesties label die cut (4 I think) for the main image panel. 


Here's a picture of the finished inside of the card  I kept it pretty simple but I love the star punched border popping through the red panel.  The sentiment is a cheap Studio G find from Michaels.

Some challenges I'm entering this card into:-

Papertake Weekly - sketch
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Purple Frog - Birthdays
Crafts and Me Challenges - Add a Charm
Crafty Creations Challenges - Dies n Punches
Cute Card Thursday - A Pinch and a Punch


Can't stop and chat too much today as we have a fun-filled day ahead for Jacob.  It's looking like it's going to be a gorgeous day (they're calling for 29oc) so we'll be heading into the pool after a birthday lunch out with friends!  And his Daddy arrives on the plane tonight for the long weekend and beginning of school - yay!

I hope you all enjoy this wonderful Labour Day weekend and that the sun keeps shining for you wherever you may be.  Thanks for stopping in - your visit truly is always much appreciated!  

Hugs,
Danielle

9 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh I bet he was thrilled with this little number, fabulous colouring on a great image and perfect compilation
Hugs Kate xx

Miria said...

Hi, Danielle. Your card is adorable and best wishes to Jacob! Hugs, Miria

Allison said...

cute card
thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
Allisonx

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wow this is stunning and happy birthday to the little man

Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday Jacob. The card is lovely I bet he loved it.

dolcreations said...

First off...Happy Birthday Jacob!
Danielle your card is amazing! WOW WOW WOW....your colouring skills are blowing me away girl! What, did you take your copics with you on holidays! I would have lost my colouring abilities while I was gone....not you though! I love the stars and the metal tag....AWESOME!

Rufus said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! Wowsa of a card! It's a stunner.
R/

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Danielle,I love the sweet image and your colouring is fabulous....Hope your son had a fabulous birthday......
Mandy x

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVE this! bold and bright, and the textured red paper is fabulous. thanks for sharing your uber-cute project with the Charisma Galz!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin