Monday, September 5, 2011

Together is the best place ...


Hi folks!

I am delighted to bring you the PaperWorksCo Papercardkit for the month of September! Peggy has on offer the gorgeous Authentique's Journey Collection ... and let me tell you the paper in this kit is nothing short of stunning!

So to show off my first project I went with a shabby chic look and coloured up RAM's 'Whoo Loves You' stamp.  I used my copies and kept to the tones of Toner Greys for a monotone look.  I just coloured in the girly owl's flower blue for a little pop of colour.

I distressed the edges with my distressing tool, inked up the edges and got out the sewing machine.  The sentiment is one of the bonus cutouts that come with the kit.  I used the MS doily border punch and finished up with some embellishments from the kit.


Here's a slightly different angle to show you the design of the card.  Peggy's papercardkits are amazing value for money at only $11.99 - enough card stock and papers to make a dozen cards!  

Some challenges I'm entering this card into:-

Ooh-La-La Creations Challenges - Anniversary
Paper Creations Ink - Vintage/Distressed Look
Pile it On - "B" is for ... (blue, buttons, bow)
The Crafty Pad - Blue & Brown

Thanks for stopping in today - we're enjoying a Bank Holiday Monday today here in Canada - the last day of summer holidays before the kids head back to school tomorrow!  I've absolutely loved this summer and am sad to see it end but it IS time for the kids to go back to school ...  LOL!!

Enjoy your Monday and hope it's a wonderful start to the week for you!  Thank you for any comments you leave - I appreciate every single one of them!

Hugs,
Danielle x

18 comments:

Julia said...

Danielle, this card is gourgeous! Love the colors, the image, sentiment, well, OK, I love everything!
Thanks for joining us at Paper creations Ink.
Hugs,
Julia

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww this is gorgeous, luv the mono colours on them, pretty papers & design, hope you keeping well, sue,x

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous mono blending love it with this soft blue, so delicate
hugs Kate xx
did you want to join in my candy??

Liza said...

Lovely work Danielle, such a sweet image.

Liza x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Danielle,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the super cute image and the fabulous layout.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dawn said...

A pretty card, thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Blue & Brown Challenge
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lynn said...

Hi Daniella,
Wow! I just love your card and those little birds are so sweet. Nice distressing too:)
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink Challenges..Hope to see you next time:)
Lynn DT xx

Cheryl said...

WOW GORGEOUS,such a sweet images and the papers are beautiful!!! Thanks so much for your lovely comment!!
Hugs xx

Maria said...

Gorgeous card!
Thank you for playing in the Blue & Brown Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Hugs,
Maria

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous card, what a sweet image.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

Great image and I just love, love love the papers. xx

dolcreations said...

I love it I love it....
The greys are so perfect with that shade of blue paper! The button and the twine...oh so nice!
Love how you coloured her little flower in the blue and kept it all soft greys!
I too had a fantastic summer and hate to see it end! At least my blog will be tended too!

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing!
Hey, pixie dust paperie is having a giveaway, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

LindaS said...

Wow this is cool. Love the Grey colored image and it's so perfect on the blue papers. Totally cute. Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!

Karen Hasheck said...

Lovely vintage card! Love the image and the coloring is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink and come back soon!

Miranda said...

this is just soooooooooo gorgeous, love those little cute owlets.....
I'm glad you joined our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda PCI DT

Unknown said...

Aww this is such a beautiful card Danielle! I love your colouring!

Thanks for joining us at OLL this week! :)
Lizy DT x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin