Thursday, November 27, 2008

Christmas Tilda with Ornament

Hi everyone!
I was so excited when my Christmas Magnolia stamps arrived as I just love this image and was thrilled to be able to ink it up and play! The designer paper was left overs from last christmas season and thought I would use it with this card to play up the gold I wanted to incorporate on it. Colouring Tilda is always such a joy and I used my Twinkling H20's this time - really happy with the result as I feel I achieved more shading than I have done before with them. Again, the other elements on the card just fell into place. I knew I wanted to use wire for the ornament hanger and I love the finished look it gives to the card. Instead of using more poinsettias, I used a paper ornament die cut included in the tin to enhance the one flower. I really love how the stitching adds such a subtle touch to the card yet finishes it off nicely. The sentiment stamp is from Inkadinkado which has quite a vintage feel to it and felt that went well with the music paper.
Thanks for looking and I wish all my American visitors to my blog a very Happy Thanksgiving and many wishes for a beautiful day of sharing and giving thanks! I'm so grateful for all my friends and family and for the wonderful opportunities my love of stamping has given me. It's such a beautiful part of my life and I thank you all for sharing it with me.
Danielle

1 comment:

Esther Peh said...

Lovely card! I like the background and the stamp image =)


XX Esther Peh

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin