Sunday, November 16, 2008

Edwin Birthday Cards

Hello! I have two male birthdays in the family coming up in the next 2 weeks so thought I'd better get making the cards as I have to mail them overseas! I used Edwin as he's been a little neglected recently as I've made so many cards with Tilda. I used Graffiti Edwin for my nephew's birthday card - he's such a cool dude! This was my first time watercolouring with Distress Ink pads and I have to say it was SO much fun! It is an awesome way to control shading and depth on your image. Yep, you know it's coming - now I want to collect all the colours of the rainbow that Distress Inks come in!!! The wall and graffiti HAPPY BIRTHDAY add to the finished image of Edwin. I cuttlebug embossed circles on the panel behind and used some arrow die cuts to add some 'boy' embellishments to the card.


This card is for my brother and as he lives far away, I thought it would be nice to send him Edwin serving up drinks! My thought behind this was this is the only way I am able to give him a birthday drink from afar! I found this fun designer paper in my stash and used the coluzzle circle to create two circle halves. I added three eyelets and a ribbon tie to add a manly touch. I coloured Edwin with Distress Ink pads and loved the way he turned out! You can't tell on the picture but I used my Sakura clear glitter gel pen to add sparkle to the 'sparkly' in the glasses. I used a simple design but I find male cards quite challenging and I hope this one is appreciated!
Thanks for taking the time to look and hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening!
Danielle

1 comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my goodness!! How cute! I don't think I've ever seen Edwin before. Love these, such perfect masculine cards.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin