Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Snowy Sleigh Ride

This is a christmas stamp from a couple of years ago from Heather's Stamping Haven made by The Stamp Barn and haven't really played with it much this year. I bought this background paper last week which I just love and thought would work really well with this image. I sewed it onto the card and stamped the image on watercolour paper and used my tombow markers to colour in the sleigh. I used the Martha Stewart snowflake border punch on the card layered under the image. I love how this punch embosses snowflakes too - adds such a great touch! I added snow by applying liquid applique and puffing it up with my heat gun. I used stickles to add sparkle to the stamped snowflakes. Finally, I found these fabric snowflakes at the Dollar Store (gotta love that!) and sewed on a couple of jingle bells before adhering them to the card. I placed two down in the bottom corner to ensure a balanced look.
I hope you like what I did here. It was a quick card to put together which is always a great thing - especially when getting your supply of Christmas cards done!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you!
Danielle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin