Wednesday, April 8, 2009

African Music Duo!

Good Wednesday morning all!
A quick post today!  I've made this cultural card as part of a set of 6 I've put together for a silent auction donation of a local charity I volunteer for, Acceso International. We have our annual "Sounds & Tastes of the Americas" fundraiser and a big component of the evening is a silent & live auction.  I've always made and donated a couple of sets of my cards and they always seem to sell well.  This card is pretty straight forward  - the zebra design is a Stamp Barn stamp which I've used as a a background.  The African duo is a stamp I got years ago - I don't even remember the name of the company (sorry!).  I added a splash of red behind the image to pop it out.  And wow, no prima flowers on this card, lol!!  I did a little raffia 'thing' instead!  Clear dewdrops on the other corners finish this card off.
Thanks for stopping by today and leaving your beautiful comments!  Hope you all have a fabulous day.  
Hugs,
Danielle x

14 comments:

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Danielle,l love the papers.

hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous card,everything fits perfectly and that splash of red sets it off!!!
Hugs xx

LINDA said...

This is a fantastic card.Everything goes so well together..Love it..
Hugs, Linda

stampinfrog said...

Danielle this is so stunning! I love the black and white w/ the red to pop the image!Fantastic job!TFS
Thank you for your comments on my blog. My ladybug came thru her surgery with flying colors!She is now talking like Elmer Fudd from the Bugs Bunny cartoons!HeHeHe
Hugs, Connie

Lorraine said...

The red sets the card off perfectly I love the stamps. Well done for a good cause.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great card Danielle! It has a very tribal feel to it!

Anonymous said...

What a great card Daniellie...very striking!
Hugs
Carole x

Tab said...

Oh fab card! Love the colours and image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Frankiesue said...

what a fab card

debby4000 said...

Stunning card, love the black and white and the touch of red really make the image pop.
luv
Debby

lilscraftworks said...

Beautiful card Danielle, love the background. I must use mine more often! love Mum x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Stunning card danielle1 Love the african theme. the splash of red and the raffia are perfect accents. i hope you raise lots of money in the auction!!
Judy xx

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous Danielle, I really love the red and black together. Have a great day!

Heather said...

WOW - Danielle this is stunning. You've stamped the background beautifully and those two African guys are fantastic!! The touch of red and the raffia finish it perfectly.
hugs Heather xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin