Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sketch Saturday - Cupcake Passion!

Hello!
Today I'm posting my DT card for The Paper Passion this week.  I received this fabulous Unity stamp with 4 cupcake designs - talk about FUN!!!  I focused on just one of the images and used this fabulous sketch layout from the Sketch Saturday challenge blog.  With so much layering to the sketch I wanted to keep the image a simple focal point.  I stamped and trimmed the image twice and coloured with my copics.  I then trimmed out the icing from the second image and popped it up with dimensionals.  I used my Dimensional Magic (Crystal Lacquer) to create the glaze on the icing.  Once it had dried I used my pink Stickles to add some sparkle.
The papers are LYB 'Love Letters' as well as plain beige, white and hot pink cardstock.  The sentiment is from The Stamp Barn and the polka dot organza ribbon is from The Paper Passion. Three plain dewdrops in the top left hand corner complete the layout.  Here's a close up of the glaze I used for the icing look.
Thanks for stopping by - I love all your visits and reading your comments - thank you!!!  Be sure to pop on over to The Paper Passion blog and check out all the new and exciting events coming up.  We have a fabulous online crop planned for the first weekend in May to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day - loads of prizes and challenges to be had!! 
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Danielle x

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW,beautiful!!! I love it!!
Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a yummy cupcake and fabulous colours.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Danielle,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Danielle. Love the image and the colours you've used. Michele x

LINDA said...

This is so yummy!! Love this image.. and the DP is awesome..Great card..
Hugs, Linda

Jenny Gropp said...

Good close up pic - shows off your fun details! Fun card!

Lorraine said...

Love the stamps the card is gorgeous.

Jodi said...

A very pretty card for the challenge. Love the pink!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful, i love the sparkle on the cupcake

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Danielle, and the colours are gorgeous. I'd like to pass on a blog award to you - just pop over to my blog to pick it up!

Joey said...

Love what you have done with the cupcake, so pretty, what a fabulous stamp! gorgeous colours. Joey.xxx

Chrissie said...

This is really cute!
Chrissie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin