Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Are you ready for your sunglasses??

Happy Sunday morning everyone!
Well, this weeks CCT challenge "citrus colours" definitely took me out of my colour comfort zone!!  Wow, hot pink, lime green & yellow - told you you'd need some sunglasses, lol!!  Fab colour combo as it makes everything so bright & cheery but was it ever difficult for me to come up with something!!  Well, I guess that's what challenges are all about, right?  It's good to step out of your 'zone' sometimes, alebit with trepidation!
So here's my submission!  I'm using my new Tilda with her puppy stamp.  The lovely flower template is one of the goodies that was in my care package from my mum - God bless her!  I kept the layout really simple.  I coloured Tilda with my copics and popped her up on a little bench.  I used a big daisy Prima flower with a crochet flower in the middle - I thought it interpreted the sun nicely!  What do you think?  I ran the flower template through the swiss dots cb embossing folder for some texture.
I hope the cheeriness of this card is a good omen and that it brings some sunshine our way today!  Two days of wind and rain and I desperately want the sun to come back!! Thanks for stopping by today and taking the time to peek at my work and leave a comment - I hope you didn't hurt your eyes, hee hee!!!  :)
Enjoy your Sunday!
Hugs,
Danielle x

8 comments:

Riet said...

ohh wowww Danielle,what a beautiful csrd,l love the stamp and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

It is such a bright, cheery card Danielle and I love it!!! Fantastic job on the challenge!!
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty Danielle, love the pink and the beautiful Tilda.
Hugs
Carole x

stampinfrog said...

I have my sunglasses on! Love the bright and cheery colors and Tilda is so cute. Fantastic coloring!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Rachel said...

OMGoodness is she the sweetest thing ever or what! you did a beautiful job Danielle, and as for bright i LOVE bright.

Hugs,
Rachel

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great colours and image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Victoria said...

Lovely card - well done for leaving your comfort zone!

Victoria
x

Carolyn said...

Danielle,
I have just discovered Tilda stamps and have totally fallen in love with them. I just adore this card. I will be popping by a lot more to see what wonderful creations you are sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin