Monday, April 13, 2009

Mojo Monday - Tilda with Lilacs

Happy Monday everyone!
Well, I hope you're not too over-stuffed with chocolate and Easter goodies from the long weekend!  I had some time to craft this afternoon and I loved the Mojo Monday sketch for today. I have been asked by a local group of Pathfinders/Guides to come in and give a cardmaking class to a dozen 10 year old girls at the end of April.  I will be focusing the card on Mother's Day so I thought I would take this simple and effective sketch and make it the card for their craft night! It gives them a really pretty image to colour and cut out and a chance to play with a cuttlebug embossing folder.  I'm really looking forward to it.
So the card is pretty straightforward - I used my Distress Inks to colour Tilda and added highlights with my clear Sakura pen and white gel pen.  My trusty staples like the MS border punch and nestabilities add great touches to the card.  I adore this lilac gingham ribbon and the sentiment is stamped and punched out with the SU! word window punch.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a much appreciated comment!  I hope to blog hop a bit later and catch up on some commenting!  Have a great night!
Hugs,
Danielle x

15 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Soo pretty Danielle. Love the way Tilda's sitting in the diamonds! And gorgeous colours.
xXx

stampinfrog said...

Ohhh Danielle I LOVE this card! Fabulous colors and Tilda with lilacs is so sweet! Fantastic coloring. The girls will love this card!TFS
Hugs,Connie

LINDA said...

Gorgeous!!Oh I love this one!!Such a sweet little Tilda!!!
Hugs, Linda

Shirl said...

Another gorgeous Tilda card from one talented lady. Love it Danielle and I bet the girls will too. Stunning work. xo S

Curt in Indy said...

Danielle! The green and purple together is awesome! I love that combination! Great card! Those 10 year old girls are going to have a blast with you! How fun! Best, Curt

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I have to get me some more of those Tildas. She is too cute!! Love your layout and coloring Danielle!! Hope you had a great Easter!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Everyone has been asking me where's Martha on my blog-- I'm going to tell them she moved to your blog! lol! Those punches are so addictive! I have never seen this Tilda -- the lilacs and the ribbon, very good pairing. I never thought of using my distress inks to color. They look super! Hmmm, I don't know if I can put the Copics down! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog -- you always bring a smile!
Sincerely,
"warped humor girl"

Cheryl said...

WOW Danielle this is so pretty,I love the colours and your colouring of Tilda!!! I just missed the last Mojo Challenge was too late in posting,hope to make this one! I have an award on my blog for you!
Hugs xx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Danielle,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Emily said...

Just darling Danielle! Your coloring is terrific. Good luck with the class!

Lorraine said...

The girls will love doing this get them young so they will start crafting that is what I say. Have fun.

lilscraftworks said...

This is so very pretty Danielle. Did you use flower soft on the flowers? I'm sure your class will enjoy making these. Hugs Mum xo

KanataNewf said...

as always, lovely. I'm sure the girls will love the class.

Rachel said...

Oh she's adorable Danielle!! you did a wonderful job!

Carolyn said...

So very very pretty. You are one talented lady Danielle.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin