Friday, April 3, 2009

What's Your Love Story?

Hello & Happy Friday!
I have had unexpected things come my way this week which have drastically cut into my crafting time, so many apologies for the lack of posting in the last couple of days!  This is my first altered piece of artwork and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed making it!  It is my DT submission for The Paper Passion this week.
We all have a love story to tell, right?  Whether it be our own, our parents, grandparents or maybe our grandchildren.  I thought this 'Love Story Book' would be such a beautiful handmade gift for the re-telling of someone's love story, an anniversary gift or as a guest signing book for a special anniversary celebration.  I used two pieces of chipboard for the front and back of the book which I covered using papers from the LYB 'Love Letters' set.  The transparencies are also part of the co-ordinating set as are the stamps I've used.  I used plain white paper for the insert of the book and used my Bind-it-All machine to bind it together.  Prima flowers and ribbons were used to finish decorating the front panel.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by today and leaving a comment!  I hope I can get a chance to play with some challenges tomorrow.  I really miss not having my daily dose of card making! Thanks for your beautiful comments, they always mean so much to me!  Hope you have a great day of stamping fun!
Hugs,
Danielle x

7 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Hi Danielle this is stunning dear I have nev er tried altered art but would love to have a go, may have to copy something like this TFS
Hugs jacqui x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Danielle,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

LINDA said...

This is gorgeous..I love it!! I really love altering things..You have done a fantastic job here..
Hugs, Linda

Rachel said...

WOW!! this is gorgeous Danielle, beautiful job!! :0)

Lorraine said...

What a lovely piece of altered art so classy well done you. Hugs xx

stampinfrog said...

Oh Danielle, this altered book is Gorgeous. Love the colors!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Carole said...

Os..wonderful altered art book..amazing.
Thanks for linking my candy...good luck.
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin