Monday, April 6, 2009

New Stamp with Fun Challenge #1 - All Boy Edwin

Hello!
I'm so happy to be back with a card I made for the new Stamp with Fun challenge blog.  What a great sketch layout to start off with too - and I certainly stamped with fun let me tell you!!  I decided to pull out my poor neglected Edwins!!  This is a new Edwin that I hadn't inked up yet and had fun playing around with 'boy' stuff instead of lots of girlie pinks and bling, lol!!  It was a bit more challenging to find co-ordinating 'boy' paper but I think what I've done here works pretty well.  I found that distressing the papers a bit gave the card a bit more of a 'cool dude' feel - what do you think?
I can't go without a flower on my cards and even though this is a boy card I just twisted up some twine and put that in the middle of my Prima flower to add a bit more of a boy feel.  The arrows are a cuttlebug die cut.  I coloured Edwin with my copics and the sentiment was one of those $1.50 polymer sets from Michaels.
Well, I'm gonna keep on playing 'cos the weather is miserable outside - can you believe we had a snow storm this morning!!  I thought we were all done with that - hopefully it won't stick around! Thanks for paying me another visit - I am quite overwhelmed with all the beautiful comments you leave me!!
Hugs,
Danielle x

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Danielle...well done for using an Edwin image....it's just tto easy to keep using Tilda's!
Thanks for joining us at SWF.
Hugs
Carole x

Tab said...

Oh gorge card sweetie! Just love that sweet image, tis cute!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Danielle,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

Gypsy said...

a wonderful card. I like it.

Many greetings from Germany
Reni

Mona said...

Thanks für take part at our first challenge. Your card is wonderful.

Hugs Mona (SWF-Team)

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Danielle,it's nice to see a boy card for a change,love your distressing too,thanks for joining us at SWF,
Take care
San x

Hope the snow's stopped.

Rachel said...

Oh this is such a cute card!! Edwin is soooo adorable. you did a sweet job with this card Danielle.

stampinfrog said...

Danielle this card is so adorable. It is so hard for me to make cards for boys! Fantastic coloring and papers!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Heather said...

Hi Danielle, I read your comment on Jacqui's blog about the Gorjuss girl stamps. They are available at Funky Kits.
They ship abroad for a flat rate of £2.45, which I think is less than $2.
and they are a great company to use.
Hope this helps and if the link doesn't work just type in Funky Kits into your search bar.
If you would like some images stamping out Email me with your address.
Great boy card, lovely colours and great work on the challenge.
hugs Heather xx

LINDA said...

Danielle, This is just awesome..Love this little image..Hes so cute..Love the colors that you used , Great card..
Hugs Linda

Cheryl said...

Fantastic boy card,I love it!!! The distressing looks fabulous!!
Hugs xx

UKMUMINUSA said...

Danielle, lov ethis card, it is so hard to make boy cards but you did a fine job, love what you did with the flower too.

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

a real boys card,love the images.Thanks for joining in our chalenge.
Hugs Agnesx
swf-team

Saphira said...

Great Card, thanks for joining us.

Hugs Kerstin/Saphira (SWF-DT)

cats whiskers said...

Morning Danielle this is stunning sweetie love that image and the layout is perfect. You aasked about the Gorjuss Girls as far as I know you can only get them from Funky Kits here in the UK
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

great boy card !!! love it !!
thanks for joining in our first challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This Edwin is adorable!! Love your coloring! Great job Danielle!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, fabulous Edwin.
luv
Debby

Ingela said...

Hi!

Lovely card!!!

Thanks for joining our first challenge at SwF!

Hugs
Ingela (SwF-team)

Jacilynn said...

Sooo Cute! This is my all time favorite Edwin. Love your design.

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous! I think Edwin looks fabulous! Gorgeous colours and I love the distressed edges and the twine. Really great effects!
Judy xx

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card! Love this Edwin, I am fond of boys card (have 2 of myself). Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SWF! Love,
Jacqueline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin