Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Sketchers Challenge - Mouse Hugs!

Hello - I'm back again!
I've had such a lovely quiet afternoon to spend in my craft room - all the boys are at school and it's so nice to have a couple of hours of time to decompress!  So I have finally managed to get a challenge card done.  Heidi over at Friday Sketchers came up with todays beautifully simple sketch!  I love it - it's so versatile!  I'm using my new PB stamps - couldn't resist a clear set of stamps in my LSS and I've seen so many being used I've fallen in love with these little cuties! This layout was perfect for using my new nesties curved rectangles too.  I coloured the image in with my Distress Inks (Frayed Burlap, Shabby Shutters, Concord and Tattered Rose).  I realised I've used the same colour combo as my previous card (love green & purple together) - I haven't done this combo in a while and now I'm using it again in the same week, lol!  The middle panel is using the MS doily punch on both sides of the paper - isn't it pretty!  I used my sewing machine, prima flowers and a couple of dew drops to add the finishing touches.
Thanks for stopping by again today and taking the time to leave a comment!  I need something to smile about today as the weather is really grotty - rainy & windy , ugghh!!
Hugs,
Danielle x

11 comments:

LINDA said...

Adorable card..Love the new image and your new nestie..Great colors..
Hugs, Linda

stampinfrog said...

Danielle this card is so CUTE! Love the color combo and Fabulous coloring with the mice and flower!Love the nesties and the double MS punched paper!Fantastic Job!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Cheryl said...

So cute,love the soft colours and your sweet little image!!!Aren't the nesties fabulous!!
Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card, love those mice.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

what a beautifu card Danielle,l love the image and colour.

hugs Riet.x

aardvarkpest said...

such an adorable card. I just love the image and the colour combo.

Glenda

Lorraine said...

Cute stamps you have done them justice

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Danielle, lovely in lilac and such pretty flowers.
Have a nice weekend.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your colors and the coloring of your image!! Adorable!!! have a great weekend!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh-- I am loving your use of the Martha Punch!! Great card!

Curt in Indy said...

This image is as cute as it can be! I love the color combo too! And the Nesties were perfect for this! Great work! Best, Curt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin