Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Sepia

Hi all!
This is a late posting so consider it my submission for Thursday!!  I coloured this Tilda last night and got round to finishing the card today!  MDUC challenge this week is to create a card in sepia - I loved this as I've never focused a card purely on these tones of brown!  I am so happy with the finished card and I just kept thinking 'Cookies & Cream' the whole time I was in the creating process!  This is a Tilda from the new Spring kit and I coloured her with both Tombow markers and Distress Inks - I loved the bumblebee and felt adding that tiny dot of yellow & black in the card would make it really pop out of the sepia tones.  I distressed the layers of cardstock and then used my nestability Labels 1 for the main focal panel. I twisted some cream organza ribbon behind the panel and then tied two strips of chocolate ribbon either side of Tilda.  Flowers and brown toned pearls add the finishing touches to the card.
Thanks for your visit today and any comments you may leave - always appreciated!! :)
Hugs,
Danielle x

23 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous! I love this tilda! Thanks so much for playing.
Kristy

stampinfrog said...

Oh Danielle this card is so cute! Fantastic coloring on this sweet Tilda!TFS
Hugs,Connie

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous...love it...
hugs
Sue

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,I love it and such a cute Tilda!!! You have done a fabulous job with the challenge.Thanks for joining in.
Hugs xx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, great image and colours

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous work on the challenge, you've coloured Tilda beautifully. I love the cookies and cream/sepia theme - LOL. And must get those nesties - they're fab!
xXx

Faye Butterworth said...

Loved your card, we had an interesting challenge this week.

Riet said...

wowww Danielle,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

LINDA said...

Fantastic!! Wow!!Love this one!!You have colored her perfectly.And I adore this little Tilda..
Hugs, Linda

Carolyn said...

As always Danielle just gorgeous.

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Danielle. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Lia said...

hi danielle,
you made such a lovely cards with Tilda I love them all
hugs Lia

dolcreations said...

I love this Tilda! Great colouring job!!!

Rachel said...

OH WOW!! this is such a gorgeous card Danielle. I just love brown. brown with any color is awesome i think. You did a beautiful job!!:0)
Hugs,
Rachel

Jacilynn said...

This turned out really great! Love this image and design. Way to Go Danielle. Love it.

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful. Love these colours! Have a great time in Florida!

Tab said...

Oh what a fab card, just love this Tilda, so sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

Shirl said...

Wow just gorgeous Danielle. Love the shades you have used. Hugs xo S

Kellie said...

As always another GORGEOUS card, love it! Thanks so much for once again joining in with us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. I always love seeing your entries.
Take Care,
Kelx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun this is beautiful I love Tilda in sepia and the layout is stunning
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

Just wonderful! Love the colours on this card Danielle, so very pretty x

Ramona Michaluk said...

Very pretty card! Well done with your entry in our difficult Challenge.

Thanks for joining in and hope to see another card next week :-)

Carole said...

Wonderful card, love the colour combination...such a sweet Tilda.
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin