Thursday, April 30, 2009

Going Bananas!!

Hello!
This is my final card of my 'cultural' set and I kept it a fun and whimsical one!  The monkey is a new Alota image I received in the mail - isn't he adorable!!  The banana skins and sentiment are images I received from my dear friend Rachel - thanks so much (I think I might just have to get them now to go with this monkey)!!  The corner leaf stamp is Magnolia which I believe I received last summer in their Summer Club package - this is the first time I've inked it up and I love how it works with this card.  I coloured everything with copics, trimmed all the images out and popped the monkey and sentiment up on pop dots to add some dimension to the card.  The back panel is plain brown kraft cardstock which I distressed the edges and ran through the cb embossing folder 'floral screen'.
This is a quick view of the inside - kept it very simple and just stamped the leaf corner and coloured it in.  The sentiment is from Gina K.  I didn't have very much time to complete this card so given the time restraints I'm quite pleased with the final result!  My boys loved it - they thought it was a very cool card!  :)  
Thanks for coming by and paying me a visit today - I love to see you here and especially love to read your comments!  Please let me know that you've come as I always love to return the favour and visit your blog - it's so thrilling to me to check out new blogs and see new talent!
Hugs,
Danielle x

16 comments:

Rach said...

such a sweet card. hugs rachxx

Cheryl said...

I love it,love it,love it!!! The monkey is so cute and such a fabulous design!
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Danielle,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning what a great image and beautiful colouring, this has made me laugh I just love it
Hugs Jacqui x

dolcreations said...

I love the way you did this card. Something very different. Great idea! I also love how you finished the inside of the card. We always tend to forget about the inside of the card! I'm going to start doing that. Thank-you for the inspiration!
Christine

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute card, just love that monkey.
luv
Debby

Jacilynn said...

Ooh, this is too cute! I love the way you combined products you had from different companies. That is so hard for me to do. I think I'm not organized enough to see all the choices I have available to me. lol
Great Card Danielle!

Rachel said...

Oh Danielle, This is absolutely adorable!! you did an awesome job!!
Hugs,
Rachel :0)

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable! Love the inside, too!

KanataNewf said...

This is too cute. And I love the detail on the inside!

Jodi said...

This is a cute card!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Danielle!!! So cute! Love that monkey and the cuttlebug folder matches perfectly with the theme of the card! Darling!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Danielle!!! So cute! Love that monkey and the cuttlebug folder matches perfectly with the theme of the card! Darling!

Jenny Gropp said...

How perfect is that CB background!!! Looks like jungle leaves --- could not be a better choice!!!

Bev said...

What a cutie pie and such a gorgeous card, love it! x

Carole said...

What a cute card, and a perfect sentiment...great fun!
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin